Sunday, August 17, 2008

'Puppet'

Earlier this year I saw a fabulous Punch and Judy puppet show, complete with giant noses, domestic violence, and high pitched voices! Quite crazy really. I remembered having seen something similar as a really young child and it really made an impression on me. I thought it was really funny and loved it. Because I was so little the whole social commentary aspect was lost on me. But thinking about it this year, I guess puppet shows back in the day were like the TV or mass media of today. Anyhoo, without too much further rambling, I thought I'd dedicate this week's topic to the wonderful and ancient world of puppets. I can't wait to see what you create!

1 comment:

Little Fox said...

yay to an exciting and thought provoking topic! Its so out of the box. The thought of puppets hasn't crossed my mind for eons. I love that aspect about our shared soulknocking topics. Hope to have my 'puppet' up soonest :)