Saturday, November 22, 2008

Shell's favourite artist

'treasure in the grass'
Since my first cut out ('shadows') I've been inspired to explore this medium. I'd seen a couple of artists experimenting with this style, but they seemed to be few and far between. That was until I discovered the delightful store adjoining the Columbia Road Flower Market - 'Ryan Town' - opened by artist Rob Ryan. His art is simply divine! Most impressive were the huge and intricate one-off cut outs framed on his walls...made me gasp with delight! Take a peek on the Ryan Town blog, there are many wild and wonderful prints documented here... http://ryantownshop.blogspot.com/ ...but you'll have to journey in-store to see the gorgeous cut outs.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

fantastique! i'd love to try doing some cut outs now myself, he's amazing, and so is your take. i'd love to see more from you!

mands said...

i really like it too shell... you're a natural at this style :)

Shan said...

Agreed, Shell. Love how you can create such amazing images with only positive and negative to tell the story. I'm thinking I'd like to give it a try too!