Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Abstract to music - by Debb & guest artist Jacqui ^^

In the same art session, Jacqui and I chose a song and whilst listening to it drew lines with our eyes closed, on post-card sized paper. We used watercolours to paint and re-create it after.

The song was 'Who'll stop the rain?' by Creedence Clearwater Revival. Jacqui's painting is above, mine below.

We surprised ourselves by drawing many similar elements. It was inspiring to create an image that I would not of thought of painting otherwise..pushing the boundaries.

1 comment:

Shell said...

So creative girls! I am struck by the fluidity of your work and your colour choices. I like how you've chosen watercolours too, it somehow adds to the feel of the music you've chosen. Sounds like a really fun afternoon. I so love those creative days with friends...always most inspiring! I'd love to see more work from Jacqui on Soul Knocking.